Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Takeaways so far from In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day


Who knew I could learn so much from Benaiah? This book was suggested as a must read earlier this summer when we took our youth group to camp; however, I am only getting around to reading it now. And wow, the first two chapters have left me thinking. I mean really thinking? I am a lion chaser or do I run away?

Here are the lines that have caused me to pause so far:

Chapter One: "God is in the business of strategically positioning us in the right place at the right time." This is even if we feel like the right place is the wrong place and the right time is the wrong time. Wow.

Chapter One: "God is in the resume-building business. He is always using past experiences to prepare us for future opportunities."

Chapter Two: " God planned for every contingency you might ever encounter..." Oh yeah and he did it before the beginning of time!

Chapter Two: " God wants you to get where God wants you to go more than you want to get where God wants you to go." It's okay, read it again I had to. Another wow moment.

How small am I and how BIG is He?

Stay tuned for more of what I am learning.



1 comment:

  1. Oh just prepare yourself for SO MUCH MORE Beth! This book is so amazing. I read it within a few days. I was even lucky enough to hear the author at Catalyst in 2007 and we got a set of bible study cirriculum based on the book FOR FREE from him. Great book!

    ReplyDelete